- Aquinas Learning, Inc. and how founding that company influences his current career path
- The future of augmented reality and how it will affect the BIM space, as well as the industry drivers toward the adoption of new technology
- Smart contracts and how blockchain can be wired into processes of remotely using immersive technology to verify completion of work
- Technological solutions such as reality capture, virtual reality, and LiDAR that will serve as the catalysts for the next evolution of the industry
Hugh spent a career digging up the best version of the truth he could find, from reach and frequency metrics in advertising, business culture in China, to startup financing. Now, he spends a crazy amount of time trying to analyze and share information about the Construction industry.
As Head of the Crosswalk business line at CSI, and Head of Construction Practice at Cimatri, Hugh gets to experience the industry at its fundamental level and hear how different companies use data to run projects. As host of the Constructed Futures Podcast, he speaks to two construction rockstars per week; and as the author of the Construction Technology Handbook, he presented a primer on technology for today’s construction professional.
Aside from his role at CSI Crosswalk, Hugh is the Innovation and Technology Advisor for Blue Collar Capital Partners, where he leads the development of ground-breaking research products into construction field personnel and advises the investment team on strategy. Once a quarter, Hugh presents the Construction Technology Quarterly, an in-depth analysis of key aspects of the construction industry, and the technologies that support it. Sign up for the next webinar, held on June 24th at 5PM EST, here: Construction Technology Quarterly Webinar.
We sincerely hope you enjoy this special episode of the Future Construct podcast and we would love to hear your suggestions for future guests!
- All good things, Luke Lightning, PhD
* A special thank you to our awesome partners at Applied Software for supporting Episode 14 of this podcast! Applied Software has grown to become one of the largest AEC, MEP Fabrication, Construction and Manufacturing system integrators in North America. They're here to help you find the best tech solution to meet your needs. Fill out a quick form to request more information.
0:44 Amy Peck introduces the Head of Product at CSI Crosswalk,
4:14 So, can we talk a little bit about Aquinas, because I was always struck by your vision with immersive technology and the data and research you did? What were some of the outcomes and how does that inform your career?
11:22 What do you think are some of the drivers towards adoption of new industry technology?
14:35 Are you looking into smart contracts and how blockchain can be wired into this conversation where you're able to remotely use immersive technology to virtually verify work has been done?
26:29 I'm always curious, what would you like to see happen to be a real catalyst of this next evolution? Are there some solutions that are here and about to take off?
44:31 So, let's go even further into the future. Projecting yourself 20 to 25 years in the future, and you could bring with you any kind of gadget that would make your life better or make you happy, what would it be and what would it do?
About BIM Designs, Inc.
BIM Designs, Inc. is an agile BIM design, modeling, consulting, and coordination service provider for architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) contractors and developers that desire experienced journeymen detailers and engineers for Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection (MEPF) modeling, Laser Scanning, and Virtual Design Construction (VDC) projects.
If you need 3D BIM modeling, design, and MEP detailing services, BIM Designs, Inc. (BDI) has the expert tradesmen who know how to precisely design and model your systems. Contact us today for a free estimate or to discuss your project needs.
About the Author
Luke joined the BIM Designs team in June 2020 as the Head of Business Development and helps oversee the business development and marketing team's objectives. With over 8 years of business development and sales experience working with startups, accelerators, investors and global enterprise-level companies, he has successfully helped startups scale their sales operations. Previously, he worked in the biotech industry as a research leader for over 9 years resulting in an IPO in 2011.