On this episode of the Future Construct Podcast (30 min interview), we spotlight Jessie Mooberry (@mooberryj), Senior Technology & Innovation Advisor at Flight Safety Foundation (@FlightSafetyFoundation), as she joins Amy Peck (@VirtualGirlNY) to discuss:
- Ways to seamlessly integrate technology into the current industry processes and how to dispel fear about technology replacing the human factor
- Switching gears from her work at NASA to opening and operating a coffee/wine bar
- The expansion of the digital nomad lifestyle and the differences between local and global cultures
- How close the future of personal air transportation could be and the potential impacts on the way we travel between cities
Prior to her time at the Flight Safety Foundation, Jessie worked as the Head of Development at Airbus for 3 years, the Vice Director at Uplift Aeronautics for almost 2 years, and an Entrepreneur in Residence & Technologist at the Peace Innovation Lab at Stanford University. In addition, Jessie also served as a member on the Board of Trustees for People's Light for four years and was a Board Member for the Global UTM Association (GUTMA) for a year.
Jesse received her bachelor's of arts degree in Chinese, as well as two bachelor's of science degrees in Business Administration in Global Management and Finance, from the University of Pittsburgh.
For more information on the work that Airbus is doing in the aviation industry and their mission to overhaul the air traffic control system for the impending drone revolution, check out this article by MustHavesLA.
We sincerely hope you enjoy this special episode of the Future Construct podcast and we would love to hear your suggestions for future guests!
- All good things, Luke Lightning, PhD
* A special thank you to our awesome partners at Applied Software for supporting Episode 8 of this podcast! Applied Software has grown to become one of the largest AEC, MEP Fabrication, Construction and Manufacturing system integrators in North America. They're here to help you find the best tech solution to meet your needs. Fill out a quick form to request more information.
0:44 Amy Peck introduces the Senior Technology and Innovation Advisor at the Flight Safety Foundation, Jessie Mooberry.
1:58 So let's start with the beginning. Can you tell us a little bit about the history of your career?
8:41 I'd love to hear more about the fearless nature of your work. Let's talk about some of the ways to seamlessly bring technology in and leverage curiosity to dispel some of the fear around becoming irrelevant alongside technology?
11:48 You know, so NASA in the morning and coffee bar in the afternoon. How do you switch gears?
15:47 So, in thinking about moving forward, there's this digital nomad culture that's expanding. Let's talk about this local culture versus global culture. I'd like to hear, how did you land in this lifestyle?
23:25 So if you could project your into the future, 20 or 25 years, and you could build any kind of gadget that would make your life better or make you happy, what would it be and what would it do?
About BIM Designs, Inc.
BIM Designs, Inc. is an agile BIM design, modeling, consulting, and coordination service provider for architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) contractors and developers that desire experienced journeymen detailers and engineers for Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection (MEPF) modeling, Laser Scanning, and Virtual Design Construction (VDC) projects.
If you need 3D BIM modeling, design, and MEP detailing services, BIM Designs, Inc. (BDI) has the expert tradesmen who know how to precisely design and model your systems. Contact us today for a free estimate or to discuss your project needs.
About the Author
Luke joined the BIM Designs team in June 2020 as the Head of Business Development and helps oversee the business development and marketing team's objectives. With over 8 years of business development and sales experience working with startups, accelerators, investors and global enterprise-level companies, he has successfully helped startups scale their sales operations. Previously, he worked in the biotech industry as a research leader for over 9 years resulting in an IPO in 2011.