- Companies that excite her and how construction industry is currently booming with the development of technology
- What the benchmarks are for investing, and how investors look for to determine value within potential investment opportunities
- Current trends and ways to streamline businesses and workflows
- What some of the positive impacts of the emerging technologies are and why successful technologies get adopted across industry
Bain Capital Ventures is the venture capital and growth equity arm of Bain Capital, which manages over $100 billion in alternative assets globally. BCV currently has more than 80 active portfolio companies and has offices in Boston, New York, and San Francisco / Palo Alto.
Allison's focus is on investments in fintech, proptech, commerce technology, and B2B marketplaces. Allison is involved in all aspects of the investment process, including sourcing, due diligence, transaction execution, and portfolio company support. Investments include Material Bank, GoCardless, Ankorstore, EarnUp, and Recharge Payments.
Prior to joining Bain Capital Ventures, Allison spent three years as a management consultant at Bain & Company in New York, where she worked on M&A advisory, growth strategy, performance improvement and private equity consulting. Allison has also worked on the business operations team at Springboard, a San Francisco-based edtech startup.
Allison graduated with a B.S. in Commerce from the University of Virginia, where she was a Jefferson Scholar.
We sincerely hope you enjoy this special episode of the Future Construct podcast and we would love to hear your suggestions for future guests!
- All good things, Luke Lightning, PhD
* A special thank you to our awesome partners at Applied Software for supporting Episode 13 of this podcast! Applied Software has grown to become one of the largest AEC, MEP Fabrication, Construction and Manufacturing system integrators in North America. They're here to help you find the best tech solution to meet your needs. Fill out a quick form to request more information.
0:36 Amy Peck introduces Investor at Bain Capital Ventures, Allison Xu.
2:19 So, what are some of the companies that really excite you?
5:18 Do you like to watch the evolution of companies to see if they hit revenue benchmarks or evolution benchmarks to say, "Ok, it's time"?
10:03 Are you feeling that, even with all the new technology, that there is so much room for even one company to solve one problem along the workflow and make an impact industry-wide?
18:56 What are some of the positive impacts of this future technology that you're seeing?
24:46 So if you could visualize yourself 15 to 20 years into the future, and you could have any experience or any gadget that would make your life better or make you happy, what would it be and what would it do?
About BIM Designs, Inc.
BIM Designs, Inc. is an agile BIM design, modeling, consulting, and coordination service provider for architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) contractors and developers that desire experienced journeymen detailers and engineers for Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection (MEPF) modeling, Laser Scanning, and Virtual Design Construction (VDC) projects.
If you need 3D BIM modeling, design, and MEP detailing services, BIM Designs, Inc. (BDI) has the expert tradesmen who know how to precisely design and model your systems. Contact us today for a free estimate or to discuss your project needs.
About the Author
Luke joined the BIM Designs team in June 2020 as the Head of Business Development and helps oversee the business development and marketing team's objectives. With over 8 years of business development and sales experience working with startups, accelerators, investors and global enterprise-level companies, he has successfully helped startups scale their sales operations. Previously, he worked in the biotech industry as a research leader for over 9 years resulting in an IPO in 2011.