Location: U.S. Based Applicants
Work Type: On Site/Remote Hybrid
Per Diem: $700/week paid monthly for those who live more than 75 miles from the site.
Position: Project BIM Coordinator I
Reports to: Subcontractor
Dept: CAD Detailing Team
This position conducts work directly related to management or general business operations in an organization or functional area. The work requires advanced knowledge gained from a prolonged course of specialized instruction, experience, and expertise. The position includes work requiring the consistent exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
The Project BIM Coordinator I performs the essential job duties and functions of Building Information Modeling (BIM), with the overall objective of establishing and delivering an execution framework on a medium to large sized, engineering, procurement and construction / construction management (EPC/EPCM) or services project. The individual in this position reports directly to the project BIM Manager or Project Manager/Director on smaller projects. They are responsible for the support of project BIM process implementation and coordination activities to include oversight support of the master Federated Model, leading of the coordination and model review meetings (as required) .
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Multi trade coordination (MEP Coordination) construction experience is preferred. Main focus will be on construction level BIM Coordination.
- Responsible for management of construction contractor BIM Execution to include but not limited to the following items:
- Responsible to bridge the gap between engineering and construction BIM / VDC execution. Provide guidance to Construction Contractors related to engineering approval process.
- Develop / Maintain BIM VDC schedule to ensure alignment with construction delivery.
- Implement and Manage 3D platforms to support BIM/VDC coordination execution (to include data management, material tracking, and schedule alignment)
- Responsible to make sure the Construction Contractors coordinate their LOD 400 Model dimensions when specific dimensions are not indicated in the IFC drawings or where drawings are schematic in nature.
- Verify and Audit Contractor’s means and methods for tracking Field Verification of all their Model dimensions when specific dimensions are indicated in the IFC drawings.
- Ensure and manage the Construction Contractors in Coordination of all shut-down and tie-in points identification, including those necessary for existing points of connections, new equipment interface points, or temporary services.
- Ensure Contractors Field Verify and coordinate the locations of required seismic supports, other supporting devices, and hangers.
- Monitor subcontractor coordination of sleeves, seals, core drills, pop-outs, or passthrough devices to be set in walls, floors, or other structural components (e.g., columns and beams).
- Coordinate/Manage the project Federated Model update process to avoid conflicts and discrepancies (to include frequency, content, and delivery to the team).
- Schedule and facilitate regular BIM/VDC Coordination meeting(s) to support project execution (frequency to be determined).
- Manage Construction Contractors routing submissions to be included in the Federated/Integrated Model.
- Identifying and highlighting any potential clashes or discrepancies between the disciplines at an early stage.
- Ensuring that clashes and discrepancies are resolved in the best interest of the Project.
- Escalating issues that cannot be resolved to the appropriate personnel.
- Coordinating install tolerances. o Ensuring that all Construction Contractors are aware of and are implementing agreed resolutions.
- Managing coordination between field personnel at the Worksite and the BIM design office teams.
- Provide BIM technical support, coordination leadership, and training to Project Team.
- Provide BIM Support on a medium to large size project and serve as the project’s support for BIM processes.
- As a key resource on a project team, the role requires collaboration at all levels, including: client representatives, management and functional leads.
- Be able to author, facilitate development/review of, and approval of a BIM Execution Plan for small to medium projects (or assist a BIM Manager in doing so for a large project)
- Be able to implement, train team, and execute BIM requirements on a project per the BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
- Work directly with Project Automation (CAD Support Group) to support Federated Model development and management.
- Facilitate BIM Coordination Meeting (Schedule, facilitate, and host Web Meetings).
- Responsible to implement and manage clash detection/management process (Focus on construction level content).
- Responsible to implement, train, and manage BIM Field tools.
- Able to establish and maintain File management for all electronic and hard copy BIM documents.
- Support full BIM project execution with flexibility for Integrated Project Delivery method.
- Work Face Planning integration Interoperability between various software
- Flexibility for Integrated Project Delivery (IPD)
- Responsible to work directly with the Lead Engineers and support the design teams (Internal and IPD Contractors) on the following areas as required:
- Review, verification, and incorporation of design models into the master Federated Model (working with automation team);
- Support BIM related issues as required;
- Development and implementation of project required BIM work processes;
- Support clash management process and provide oversight of the clash detection process (working with Systems Support (Project Automation)); and
- Perform design related interface with members of the Owner and A/E engineering team(s).
- Provide support of BIM collaboration site data management systems (Example; BIM 360, BIM Acceleration Tool, Nucleus Interface)
- Support development of BIM coordination schedules, allocation of BIM resources and manage all aspects of coordination related activities.
- Coordination responsibility as it relates to implementation of project fabrication plans whereas the BIM Coordinator provides point of contact resources for efficient management of related issues.
- Work with other construction trades for coordination issues on client sites.
- Able to lead coordination meetings and document issues as required.
- Coordinate responsibilities as it relates to BIM implementation of fabrication plans.
- Participate in BIM / IPD seminars, training for continued learning experiences and knowledge of BIM / IPD local regulations.
- Utilize knowledge management processes to capture support and leverage relevant knowledge to enhance project execution.
- Participate in sales and marketing efforts as required.
Typical Minimum Qualifications - Related Education, Experience & Skills
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and seven (7) years* of work-related experience, or associates degree plus 9 years* of work-related experience, or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to eleven (11) years* if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
- Working knowledge of BIM Authoring software and requirements (such as Revit, Plant 3D, etc.) as well as CAD software such as AutoCAD or Microstation.
- Knowledge of BIM coordination software is a must (Navisworks, BIM 360 tools, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills (able to lead internal and external teams) Strong communication skills are required both verbal and written
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
*These are the typical years of experience required for this job. Current employees may be considered for this position either sooner or later, depending on individual performance, potential, and job availability. This applies to all jobs across all functions.
- Assist to verify original estimate quantities for cost reports
- Quantity survey, quantity review and system input for labor costing
- Generally favorable indoor office workspace, and/or;
- Various levels of environmental conditions including but not limited to project worksites and vendor/client facilities which may have temporary office space, moving mechanical parts and vibration; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and extreme temperatures and high noise levels
Other Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform specializations which may include Project Data Analytics and Project Development Analyst activities Preferred Qualifications - Related Education, Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience in engineering, OR procurement and construction / construction management (EPC/EPCM) project management.
- Proactive – goal oriented with the initiative to influence events positively, lead project team, and influence client for decision making.
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of self-performance with responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments and tasks.
- Demonstration of innovation, initiative, maturity and sound judgement.
- Mobility for example, relocating to site locations when necessary.
- Project execution experience in in the industries this position will deliver services in.
- Be a solid communicator, with the ability to communicate externally with customers and with all levels within the organization to ensure successful projects.
BIM Designs, Inc. knows that our employees and our customers are our largest asset. We see you as a lifelong employee and will work with you in every way possible to grow your talents. BIM Designs, Inc. will encourage and pay for any professional development and training desired or needed, as approved and budgeted by your direct manager. This will include our ongoing in-house training as well as outside training and continued education such as AutoCAD, Revit, code classes, Electrical, HVAC and Plumbing extension classes.