Location: U.S. Based Applicants Only
Work Type: Remote; Phoenix, AZ
Position: Preconstruction Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Summary: BIM Designs, Inc. is searching for a BIM Preconstruction Manager. The ideal candidate is an active self-starter who brings initiative and efficiency to their work. He or she should be a positive, confident, professional, and passionate collaborator; and have a willingness to represent the BIM Designs brand and culture of applying creative and innovative solutions to our client's design and preconstruction challenges, presenting professionally and knowledgeably in all client meetings. Using their expertise and construction knowledge, the Preconstruction Manager would apply engaging communication skills when being of service to customers and internal team members. This leader is a hands-on team-player who isn’t afraid to solve problems creatively.
Work Hours & Benefits
The preconstruction manager position is full-time. However, hours will be flexible, and for the most part, can be worked from home. On occasion, you will be asked to work from the office or attend meetings with company executives. This position also qualifies for health insurance and an annual discretionary bonus.
The responsibilities of the Preconstruction Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Lead all preconstruction services including sales, design, budgeting, and bidding.
2. Review the scope of work to be completed to determine the type of work, BIM software programs, project duration, and define the responsibility for BIM.
3. Contribute in a meaningful way to value engineering and alternatives in proposals.
4. Reconcile estimates with consultants and design team members.
5. Prepare and Present Conceptual Estimating.
6. Assist in all business development meetings.
7. Coordinate and evaluate feedback from departments within the company (Operations, Accounting, etc.), the Project Owner, and the Project Architect during the estimating and construction process.
8. Prepare invoices, contracts, change orders, and other documents regarding the project scope.
9. Provide superior customer service and ensure an excellent customer experience.
10. Understand and be able to communicate the scope of the contract to your supervisors, clients, and internal BIM team.
11. Express critical thinking and problem-solving skills to identify problems and solutions before they become real issues.
12. Collaborate directly with the Vice President and Strategic Accounts Manager on special projects, opportunities, and bids.
Four-year bachelor’s degree
Two years of project management experience
Three-Five years of MEP modeling experience (Revit or CAD)
Two years MEP BIM coordination experience (Preferred but not required)
Track record of project success with documented results (references are a plus)
Demonstrated success operating and leading a team of at least three reports
Evidence of career growth
Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (Especially Excel)