The Future Construct podcasts are designed to be 20-30 minute short-form interviews hosted by Amy Peck (@VirtualGirlNY on Twitter), the Founder/CEO of EndeavorVR, and innovators from around the world that will discuss exciting technology solutions in the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, Construction) industries and beyond.
Subscribe to the Future Construct podcast on all your favorite channels here:
Episode 14 Featuring: Hugh Seaton
Head of Product, CSI Crosswalk
- Aquinas Learning, Inc. and how founding that company influences his current career path
- The future of augmented reality and how it will affect the BIM space, as well as the industry drivers toward the adoption of new technology
- Smart contracts and how blockchain can be wired into processes of remotely using immersive technology to verify completion of work
- Technological solutions such as reality capture, virtual reality, and LiDAR that will serve as the catalysts for the next evolution of the industry
Episode 13 Featuring: Allison Xu
Investor, BainCapital Ventures
- Companies that excite her and how construction industry is currently booming with the development of technology
- What the benchmarks are for investing, and how investors look for to determine value within potential investment opportunities
- Current trends and ways to streamline businesses and workflows
- What some of the positive impacts of the emerging technologies are and why successful technologies get adopted across industry
Episode 12 Featuring: Curtis Rodgers
Principal, Brick & Mortar Ventures
- Integrating technology into the construction workspace and understanding the user's journey
- Insights on opportunities to utilize data in a multitude of different ways for many use cases
- The types of investments he's made and some of the partnerships he's developed with portfolio companies
- The dream gadget he would like to have 20 to 30 years in the future
Episode 11 - Startup Spotlight
Featuring: Joe Michaels, Chief Revenue Officer at HaptX, Inc. & Tessa Lau, Founder & CEO at Dusty Robotics
On this special episode of the Future Construct Podcast (1 hour interview), we spotlight leaders of two startups: Joe Michaels (@joemich), Chief Revenue Officer at HaptX, Inc.; and Tessa Lau (@tessalau), the Founder and CEO of Dusty Robotics, as they join host Amy Peck (@VirtualGirlNY)
- Current and practical use cases for haptics and robotics among other emerging technologies.
- Features of haptic gloves and other wearables that will continue to shape how we interact with technology, and the convergence of those with robotics, AR/VR, and artificial intelligence.
- The value that robotics holds in the future of technology across multiple industries, and the trends that will influence the direction of that technological evolution.
- Their ideal gadgets of the future, 20-25 years from now, not based in reality, that would make their lives better and easier.
Episode 10 Featuring: Cathy Hackl
Futurist, Founder at Futures Intelligence Group
On this episode of the Future Construct Podcast (24 min interview), we spotlight Cathy Hackl (@CathyHackl), Global Futurist and Founder of the Futures Intelligence Group, as she joins host Amy Peck (@VirtualGirlNY) to discuss:
- Current and emerging industry trends within virtual reality, augmented reality, and other reality technologies.
- What non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are, the value they hold in relation to traditional currency and how they might be utilized in the future of emerging technology.
- The ways that augmented reality glasses will change the way that we think about augmented reality and how we move from mobile technology to wearables.
- The involvement of volumetric video in digital experiences with avatars, and how we can utilize volumetric video in machine learning.
Episode 9 Featuring: Jessie Mooberry
Senior Technology & Innovation Advisor at Flight Safety Foundation
On this episode of the Future Construct Podcast (30 min interview), we spotlight Jessie Mooberry (@mooberryj), Senior Technology & Innovation Advisor at Flight Safety Foundation (@FlightSafetyFoundation), as she joins Amy Peck (@VirtualGirlNY) to discuss:
- Ways to seamlessly integrate technology into the current industry processes and how to dispel fear about technology replacing the human factor
- Switching gears from her work at NASA to opening and operating a coffee/wine bar
- The expansion of the digital nomad lifestyle and the differences between local and global cultures
- How close the future of personal air transportation could be and the potential impacts on the way we travel between cities
Episode 8 Featuring: Randee Herrin
Senior Vice President, Construction Technologies & Manufacturing at TDIndustries, Inc.
On this episode of the Future Construct Podcast (31 min interview), we spotlight Randee Herrin, Senior Vice President of Construction Technologies & Manufacturing at TDIndustries, Inc. (@tdindustries), as she joins Amy Peck (@VirtualGirlNY) to discuss:
- How successful technology implementation drives process improvements
- How companies could leverage efficient, time and budget-saving pre-fabrication opportunities
- How BIM has evolved over the last several years
- How the leveraging of BIM data will continue to expand
Episode 7 Featuring: Mark Oden
CEO at BIM Designs, Inc.
On this episode of the Future Construct Podcast (29 min interview), we spotlight Mark Oden, CEO of BIM Designs, Inc. (@BIMdesignsInc), as he joins Amy Peck (@VirtualGirlNY) to discuss how he developed the company culture and service offerings at BIM Designs, Inc., how artificial intelligence can be utilized as a tool rather a replacement for a human workforce, and how BIM technology can serve as a digital overlay for pre-construction processes in the future.
Episode 6 Featuring: Chris Howard
Founder and CEO at Softeq
On this episode of the Future Construct Podcast (29 min interview), we spotlight Chris Howard (@techris), Founder and CEO of Softeq (@Softeq), as he joins Amy Peck (@VirtualGirlNY) to discuss his perspective on why IoT deployments fail, where his customers come from, how he positions projects to be sold upstream, as well as his work as an entrepreneurial mentor in coding and technology. Also, listen for the two facets of his company he gets the most questions and where he's heard companies are shifting their tech focus.
Episode 5 Featuring: Damon Hernandez
Founder and Executive Director of the AEC Hackathon
On this episode of the Future Construct Podcast (35 min interview), we spotlight Damon Hernandez (@MetaverseOne), Founder and Executive Director of the AEC Hackathon, (@AECHackathon) and Co-Founder and Director of Technology at IDEAbuilder (@IDEAbuilder) as he joins Amy Peck (@VirtualGirlNY) to discuss his current projects using 3D data throughout the construction process, what he has learned about how hackathons are beneficial to the landscape of the AEC industry after hosting 40+ competitions, some of his favorite hackathon projects, his thoughts on full adoption of "living-breathing BIM" in the industry, the importance of the multi-device experience in construction, seeing more VR headsets at AEC conferences than GDC and many more thoughtful insights.
Episode 4 Featuring: Joanna Popper
Global Head of Virtual Reality for Go-To-Market and Location Based Entertainment at HP
Joanna Popper (@JoannaPopper), Global Head of Virtual Reality for Location Based Entertainment at HP (@hp) as she joins Amy Peck (@VirtualGirlNY) to candidly discuss her role leading HP's Go-to-Market strategy, why she's excited about HP's newest VR headsets the Reverb G2 and Reverb Omnicept, the amazing features of these new headsets and the accompanying software platforms, solutions for the AEC industry and use cases from some of her enterprise clients, and how she transitioned from a marketing career to the VR space.
Episode 3 Featuring: Amy Marks
Head of Industrialized Construction Strategy and Evangelism at Autodesk
Amy Marks joins Amy Peck to candidly discuss how she became the queen of prefabrication, the need to remove constraints so that companies can fully leverage emerging technology, if there is room for an Uber-like behemoth in the construction industry, and the digital transformation of the industry. Hear Amy Marks also expound on designing buildings for the end user, the unique story behind her red stiletto in her office, as well as several other insightful topics.
Episode 2 Featuring: Elizabeth Baron
Enterprise Solutions Executive at Unity Technologies
Elizabeth Baron talks virtual reality, game engines, and how companies can leverage technology for the future within an innovative space.
Episode 1 Featuring: Salla Eckhardt
Director of Transformation Services and Worldwide Construction Lead at Microsoft
Salla joins Amy on the Future Construct Podcast to discuss digital twins, her experiences as a woman in the construction industry, and the future of digital technologies as they play a role in construction. Look for a cameo from Salla's leopard cat (video only) and hear about her idea for a gadget from the future.
About the Host
Amy Peck is the CEO of EndeavorXR, a leading global VR/AR (XR) strategy & consulting firm. She is a recognized thought-leader in the space and speaks globally on the future of XR and emerging technologies like AI, blockchain, robotics, and autonomy. She works with Fortune 500 companies, digital media/production companies, and tech startups on strategies to deploy XR, 5G, AI, Blockchain, and another emerging tech to shape an impactful future.